- Is this a paid internship?
- If I am a graduating senior, will I receive an undergraduate or graduate level stipend?
- Are stipends paid all at once?
- Does the internship provide housing?
- Where are the OHIP sites (training centers)?
- Are there other OHIP sites?
- Do I have to attend the OHIP Orientation?
- Do I have to pay to attend the OHIP Orientation?
- Does the internship provide transportation to the OHIP sites?
Yes, we provide undergraduates with a $4,000 stipend and graduate students receive a $5,200 stipend for the summer.
If you are a December 2016 or May 2017 graduate, you will receive an undergraduate stipend. This also applies to students who have been accepted into graduate school for Fall 2017.
No, the stipends are disbursed in four equal payments on a semi-monthly basis (the 15th and 30th of each month). The last payment is paid when the final project is submitted.
Our core sites are in New York City, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New Orleans, and the San Francisco Bay Area. From year to year, additional sites may become available and sites may change depending on funding. Cheyenne, WY has been added for 2017.
Sometimes, we will receive funding for a new site after the application process has started. We will inform applicants of the opportunity as soon as we learn about it.
No. OHIP will cover your transportation and lodging expenses.
No. However, OHIP will cover your travel to the orientation.