- What are the dates for the summer program?
- Is there any flexibility in the internship dates? I am a medical student and my classes don’t end until July 1? Can I start late?
- I have to take a summer school class. Can I still participate in the internship?
- I have a family obligation (wedding, reunion etc.) scheduled during the summer. Can I leave for a few days?
- What if I cannot stay the entire time?
- Do we have any days off over the summer?
The dates for the nine-week internship for 2018: June 18 – August 17.
All students are required to attend the 3-day orientation, June 19, 20, and 21, in Los Angeles, CA. Travel and hotel expenses are paid by OHIP.
There may be some flexibility in program dates for medical student applicants with conflicting academic schedules. All medical school applicants must attend Orientation and be available to begin the program by July 2, 2018. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
No, interns are required to spend approximately 40 hours per week on their project and attend educational and skills training sessions. It has been our experience that this does not work, given the demands of the projects and the need for students to work together in teams.
If you need to miss more than one day of OHIP project time, you will need to get approval from the OHIP Program Coordinator. These decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.
OHIP interns are expected to be available for the entire nine week project. If you are not available for the entire period, talk to the OHIP Program Coordinator prior to accepting an offer to participate in the program. Priority will be to place students who are able to commit to the entire summer session. You will not be admitted if you cannot attend the initial orientation and training.
Interns are off on the 4th of July. Generally, interns have the weekends off. If the project requires you to attend a special event on a weekend, you will be given an alternate day off.